Every year on 8th September, the Church celebrates the birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
This year, on this special day, we are planning to have a small celebration. Want to join us?
Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ; with her total obedience to the Will of God, Jesus Christ was born into the world & has become the Savior of the world...
We have extracted the following from the PIETA:
A letter written by the Blessed Virgin Mary to the City of Messina where Saint Paul, the Apostle preached the gospel, which has been preserved in the Reliquary of the great altar.
“I, Mary Virgin, servant of God, very humble Mother of Jesus Christ, Son of God, the Almighty and Eternity, to all who are in Messina, health and benediction in our Lord. You have learned by the ambassadors who have been sent to you. You received the gospel and you acknowledged that the Son of God has become man, and has suffered the passion and death for the salvation of the world, and that He is Christ and also the true Messiah. I beseech you to persevere, promising to you, and all your posterity, to assist you in the presence of My Son.”
(Great graces are given to those who carry a copy of this letter.)
Mary Virgin, very humble servant of God
Only proceed below if you are interested to know her, as we are going to share with you the love of this wise, strong and beautiful Woman to her children… 8-)
The following is a brief account of how salvation history came about:
After Adam & Eve disobeyed God by eating of the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:1-13) (as they had yielded to the temptation of the serpent), this was what had happened later:
(Extracted from Genesis, Chapter 3: 14-15:)
Then Yahweh God said to the serpent, ‘Because you have done this,
‘Be accursed beyond all cattle, all wild beast. You shall crawl on your belly and eat dust everyday of your life.
I will make you enemies of each other: you and the woman, your offspring and her offspring.
It will crush your head and you will strike its heel.
(The current Church interpretation: Jesus Christ and his Mother will have the ultimate victory over the devil and his posterity.)
Around 736 BC, this was what had taken place:
Extracted from the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 7: 10-14:
Once again Yahweh spoke to Ahaz (the King of Judah) and said, ‘Ask Yahweh your God for a sign for yourself coming from the depth of Sheol or from the heights above’.
‘No,’ Ahaz answered ‘I will not put Yahweh to the test.’
Then he said:
Listen now, House of David: are you not satisfied with trying the patience of men without trying the patience of my God, too?
The Lord himself, therefore, will give you a sign.
It is this: the maiden is with child and will soon give birth to a son whom she will call Immanuel.
(Immanuel means ‘God with us’. It is a prophetic name.)
The virginal conception of Christ – Extracted from Matthew, Chapter 1:
18 This is how Jesus Christ came to be born. His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph; but before they came to live together she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.
19 Her husband Joseph, being an upright man and wanting to spare her disgrace, decided to divorce her informally.
20 He had made up his mind to do this when suddenly the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because she has conceived what is in her by the Holy Spirit.
21 She will give birth to a son and you must name him Jesus, because he is the one who is to save his people from their sins.'
22 Now all this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken through the prophet:
23 Look! the virgin is with child and will give birth to a son whom they will call Immanuel, a name which means 'God-is-with-us'.
24 When Joseph woke up he did what the angel of the Lord had told him to do: he took his wife to his home;
25 he had not had intercourse with her when she gave birth to a son; and he named him Jesus.
Here’s some personal particulars of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
Age: She gave birth to Jesus Christ at the age of 15-16, so please compute yourself. 8-)
Occupation: Committed Mother & Teacher to her children all over the world,
Advocate & Mediatrix with Jesus Christ
Messages to Her children (non-exhaustive), extracted from the PIETA:
Blessed Virgin Mary to Saint Dominic, “One Day through the Rosary and Scapular I will save the world”.
“Whoever dies clothed in this (scapular) shall not suffer eternal fire.”
This is Mary’s Promise made July 16, 1251 to Saint Simon Stock.
Your SCAPULAR, then should take on deep meaning for you. It is a rich present brought down from Heaven by Our Lady Herself
“Wear it devoutly and perseveringly”, she says to each soul, “it is my garment. To be clothed in it means you are continually thinking of me, and I in turn, am always thinking of you and helping you to secure eternal life.”
The 15 Promises of Mary to Christians who recite the Rosary
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
3. The rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an un-provided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan)
Imprimatur: † Patrick J. Hayes, D.D., Archbishop of New York
Last updated: 13 August 2011